Pick-up and Drop
DDN to DDN
Region :- Uttrakhand
Duration :- 6 Days
Grade :- Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude :- 12,500 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 18 Kms.
Adorned with ravishing beauty of falling snow and fringed with pine trees, The Kedarkantha Peak is one of the most sought after snow trekking destinations in India. With falling winter snow its a mesmerizing pictorial view and whats more attractive, is the view of the Mighty Himalayas from the trails right to the top. Nestled at a height of 3810 meters which is about 12,500 feet this is an ideal trekking trail which covers a consolidated distance of 20 kms. The distance is not much and the trekking trail is neither very difficult which enables even the first time trekkers to set on the adventure and enjoy the beauty of nature at its best. With charming and captivating sights of snow clapped Himalayas, the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, myriad collection of flora, frozen ponds, to the sights of mesmerizing peaks, this trek have all the delightful marvels that a trekker wish to experience and view in his journey. Not only for the adventure seekers and trekkers, to enjoy thrilling challenges, the Kedarkantha Trek is an ideal destination for the nature lovers to bask in the beauty of undisturbed nature and enjoy delightful and blissful moments with exhilarating experiences.
Based in Western Garhwal in the Uttarakashi district, the Kedarkantha Trek is known for being one of the easy treks of the country which can be attended by people who are in experienced trekkers and have no knowledge of prior trekking. However physical fitness is required where one should be able to jog at least for 4 kms in 30 minutes before committing for the trekking tour. As the altitude rises the air becomes thin and people needs to carry backpacks too, which can all be very difficult, without proper physical fitness.
Trekking in Uttarakhand is always a pleasure due to its ravishing beauty and panoramic natural views that cannot be matched with any other destinations within the country. But among all the fascinating locations and thrilling trekking sites available it is the snow treks of Kedarkantha which inspires every trekker a lot. In fact it has a lot of reasons of being such a terrific trek which makes it so popular among the enthusiastic travelers. The very first reason is the availability of snow till the end of April making it one of the best winter trek destination of all. And what more one can view the lovely snows at a height of only 10,000 feet lying at the base of the pine trees. The next reason for its popularity is the lovely campsites, where every site is unique in its own way and does not match the beauty with any other campsites in the journey. Another beauty of this trekking trail is that it starts from dense pine forest where one can begin the trekking trail walking over the bed brown dried leaves creating a unique experience and a magnificent view that is absolutely unparallel. Last but not the least is the splendid jaw dropping breath taking view of the famous snow clapped mountain summits that comes into view as soon as one steps in Kedarkantha base and the view gets more stunning which each step towards the summit. In a whole the trekking tour promises refreshing and heart filled pleasure which makes the destination so attractive to millions of visitors throughout the year
Though Kedarkantha trek can be conducted almost the whole year but the aspiring views that it provides in the winter months from December to April cannot be compared with summer times. The snow clapped trekking trails and the buckets of snow at the base of the pine trees are a fascinating beauty to savor and which remains only available during the winter days. In fact for the locals the winter months are a time for rejoice and they enjoy with a number of festivals during this time. However it is better to avoid the monsoon time for trekking in these trail.
About the trek
The journey for the beautiful Kedarkantha peak commences from the city of Dehradun. From Dehradun its a long drive to Sankri located at an altitude of 6400 feet and takes about 10 hours to reach. Its a distance of 220 km from Dehradun. The trekking trip starts from Sankri the next day towards Jadu Ka Talab which is based at 9100 feet and takes about 5 hours trekking to reach the destination. During this trail one can experience the beauty of lush meadows, dense pine forests, cascading beautiful streams, and gorgeous maple trees. Here is the first campsite where the trekkers need to stay in tents. From Juda ka talab on the following day one needs to trek up to 11,250 feet towards Kedarkantha base which is again a distance of approximately 4.5 kms. In this trail the trekkers pass through lush meadows and for the first time catch the view multiple snow capped peaks standing tall encircling the location. The next destination is the Kedarkantha peak which is based at a height of 12,500 feet and this trail can be a little challenging in compared to others. However the views of the fascinating Himalayas make it up for all the hard work with its breathtaking views. On conquering the peak its a journey back where the first stop would be at Horegaon camp at 8900 feet which can be reached on the same day evening. The next day its a trail back to Sankri through dense pine forests. From Sankri its a journey back to Dehradun and way forward.
Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most fascinating and thrilling trekking tours which provides all the excitement but with limited challenges and in much less time. Its a weeklong tour and can be easily commuted through Dehradun which can be reached from all parts of the country. The tour is one of the least expensive trekking tours and can be enjoyed with all ease and comfort.
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- Reach Dehradun by Morning, Pick up from Dehradun
- We will start our journey to Sankri
- Altitude: 6,400 feet
- Expected arrival time at Sankri – 3:00 pm(approx.)
- BSNL network erratic.
Meals: Evening Snacks & Dinner
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
- Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows
- Stay in tents.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
- Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 2.5 hours
- Most of todays trail is on a ridge, under oak trees
- You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts
- Peaks :- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others
- Stay in tents
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Juda ka Talab
- Altitude: 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch
- Post lunch, descend down to Juda ka Talab.
- Reach Juda ka talab by evening.
- Stay in tents
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner
Day 5: Juda ka Talab to Sankri
- Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 4 hours
- Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner.
Day 6: Departure day (Sankri to Delhi)
- Distance: 250 km drive, approx 12 hours excluding rest time.
- Depart for Dehradun after a lazy morning.
“Say Goodbye to your fellow travelers cum new friends”
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and retorn (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Things To Pack
- Day backpack (20-30 ltr.)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40+)
- Floaters or Sandals
- Water bottle 1 Ltr
- 1 Down Jacket / Main Jacket
- Bag for all your Toiletries
- Outdoor Shoes
- Personal basic medical kit
- 3 Quick Dry Tees
- Mobile charger / Powe bank
- Cold Cream
- 3 Pair of Cotton Socks
- Quick dry towel
- Travel laundry bag
- Sun cap
- Lip Balm
- Sunglasses / People who use spectacles (Use Photochromic glasses instead of contact lenses)
Cost Per Person
|Triple/Quad Sharing (Ex- Sankri) :||₹ 6,499 + 5% GST|
|Double Sharing (Ex- Sankri ) :||₹ 6,999 + 5% GST|
|Triple/Quad Sharing (Ex- Dehradun) :||₹ 7,499 + 5% GST|
|Double Sharing (Ex- Dehradun) :||₹ 7,999 + 5% GST|
|Triple/Quad Sharing (Ex- Delhi) :||₹ 8,999 + 5% GST|
|Double Sharing (Ex- Delhi) :||₹ 9,499 + 5% GST|