Hampta pass trek
with Chandratal Lake
- 4th June 2022
- 5th June 2022
- 11th June 2022
- 12th June 2022
- 18th June 2022
- 19th June 2022
- 25th June 2022
- 26th June 2022
- 2nd July 2022
- 3rd July 2022
- 9th July 2022
- 10th July 2022
- 16th July 2022
- 17th July 2022
- 23rd July 2022
- 24th July 2022
- 30th July 2022
- 31st July 2022
Hampta Pass trek is giving each adventure lover an option to discover the unique landscape on the Manali side in Himachal Pradesh. From the top, you will witness the magnificent view of a different world below, the beautiful yet deserted Lahaul.
About the Hampta Pass Trek:
The Hampta Pass trek has the starting point as Manali. From Manali, you will be taken to Jobra and then to Chika located at a height of about 10,100 feet. The route will have plenty of greenery, River Rani and the mountainous stretches on one side. When you climb up to reach Balu ka Ghera from Chika, On this impressive journey catch the first glimpses of the mighty towers in Dhauladhar Ranges occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower-filled valleys. What awaits you next are the gradual slopes until you reach the mighty Hampta Pass and on the way, Hampta Village will be your host for some time. Discover the serene calmness that surrounds the valley.
The ultimate destination of the trek is the beautiful Chandratal located amidst the pristine surroundings dominated by the white peaks and clouds above. A confluence of three paths – Hampta Pass, Spiti, and Rohtang Pass and the green paradise will accompany you to achieve the height of about 14,100ft.
Day 1 – Manali – Jobra (Drive) Trek from Jobra to Chika (10,100ft)
- Report at the Hotel in Manali 10 am in the morning.
- After a Freshen up at Manali, you will drive to Jobra from where the trek originates. At this transfer point, receive briefing from your trip leader and gear for an easy ascent of 10,400ft to Chika.
- It’s an easy trek to the Chika campsite on the banks of Rani Nallah, a 2 km trek that walks you into a mixed forest of pine, green maple and birch trees
- Stay in dome tents.
Day 2 – Chika (10,100ft) – Balu ka Ghera (11,900ft) (Trek/Moderate/ 5hrs).
- Leave from Chika campsite on yet another easy day. Though you would trek for barely 5hrs, the journey is beyond impressive.
- Feel the reality of being in the Himalayan region as you catch the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan chain of mountains as the Dhauladhar ranges begin to appear.
- Commonly referred to as The White Range, you’ll notice the mighty towers occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower filled valleys dotted for company.
- Arrive at Balu ka Ghera. Settle down at this base for the day. Have lunch and spend the rest of the time, loosing yourself in an ambiance which will take your breath away.
Day 3 – Balu ka Ghera (11,900ft) to Hampta pass to Siagoru(7 kms or 8 hours) | 14100 ft
- Wake up in this beautiful valley and have a good filling breakfast and you will need good energy for your trek today!
- Be ready for breathtaking landscapes and unique barren terrains as you enter the valley of Lahaul and Spiti.
- One of the most exciting hikes of this trip will take you on a steep ascent to Hampta Pass, perched at 14,000 ft or 4,270 m. Here you will find Hampta Village, from which this trek gets its name. Rest here and take in all the beauty of your destination!
- Then a sharp descent to Sia Goru (12,300 ft or 3,750 m) will begin. Marvel at the snow-patched carpets and Deo Tibet peak.
- Experience the tranquil atmosphere of the valley, meet some local people and spot some shepherds at high altitude pass. Your camps will be set up here, at Siagoru.
- Have a well-deserving lunch, as you crossed the most thrilling part of the trek.
- Rest and enjoy Siagoru and its beauty.
- Have dinner with your fellow trekkers and prepare yourself for a trek down to Chatru.
- The next day you will descend further to 1900km, a downhill journey taking you through exciting mountain ridges, a group of Pir Panjal ranges of the inner Himalayas encircling you, and slippery slopes. 2-3 hours later, you will notice the Chandra River flowing below and a road that goes by its side. More than two Glaciers come next which are to be crossed. The other side of the Glacier is Chatru, the next camping zone.
Day 4 -Trek from Siagoru to Chhatru(6 kms/4.5 hours) & Drive to Chandratal (3 Hours)
- Wake up at Siagoru and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- Trekking today will be from Siagoru to Chatru which will have a fall in elevation from 12,300 ft to 10,898 ft. The trekking distance is 6 km which will take us around 4.5 hours to complete.
- Have lunch at Chatru and unwind.
- A 2-hour drive from Chatru will take you to the glorious Chandratal lake. It is at an altitude of 14,000 ft.
- You can visit the same only in the summer months, the enchanting river will take your heart away with its mesmerizing beauty. The reflection of Himalayan ranges in the lake is spellbinding.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Chandrataal.
- Dinner and stay at Chandrataal/Chatru camps.
Day 5 -Drive from Chhatru/Chandratal to Manali.
- Wake up and enjoy breakfast at Chatru/Chandrataal camps.
- A 4 to 5-hour Drive back will take you back to Manali by late evening. Our journey ends here! You can choose to book a Bus or explore Manali!
- Local Transfers
- 4 Nights in Dome camps.(Triple/Quad Sharing basis)
- Meal- D1(Lunch & Dinner ) + D2(Breakfasts, Lunch & Dinner) + D3(Breakfasts, Lunch & Dinner) + D4(Breakfasts, Lunch & Dinner) + D5(Breakfast)
- Evening tea with snacks (D1,D2,D3,D4)
- Experienced Trek Guide.
- Assistance of coordinators and crew members.
- All Permits.
- 5% GST
- Extra Drinks, Food, Tea and Snacks.
- Tickets for any sightseeing or extra activity outside the camp area.
- Travel Insurance and other benefits.
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
- Cost escalation due to any unforeseen reason like weather, road condition , landslide etc.
₹ 7,500/- per person (Ex-Manali) on Triple/Quad Sharing basis.
- Rs 4,000/- Per Person Booking Amount in Advance
- Balance payment to be paid 2 days before the day of boarding.
- Name: – ENLIVE TRIPS
- Bank Name – UCO BANK
- Account Number: – 19450210008072
- IFSC code: –UCBA0001945
- Google Pay/Pay TM/PhonePe– 9899790488
Information: A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 1 litre water bottle
• A sun cap and a woollen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve tshirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable
hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhoea, motion
and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm , cold
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Terms & Conditions:
- All the bookings are strictly subject to confirmation of payments. No Boarding without valid government ID proof. We do not provide any travel or other insurance policy covering the expenses of accident, sickness, loss or theft due to any reason. Change in the itinerary is subject to weather, traffic, road or any other conditions, any extra expense in that case to be borne by customer only.
- We reserve the right to change the schedule/itinerary of the trip in any condition and no refund will be given in this situation. Trip will be postponed for coming weekend if number of people are below 10. We do not allow smoking in the bus and we reservethe right to terminate your trip on the spot on the grounds of misconduct ormisbehave, no refund in such situations.Any damage in the camp or hotel premises by any individual will be charged fromhim/her only. Any injury during any activity, We will not be responsible for these kindof miss-happenings.
Cancellation & refund policy:
- 100% refund will be given in case we Cancels the trip.
- No refund will be given in case of Natural Obstacles.
- 50% cancellation charges, 15 days prior to Departure date.
- 100% cancellation charges, 7 days prior to Departure date.