Beas Kund Trek
- 4th June 2022
- 5th June 2022
- 11th June 2022
- 12th June 2022
- 18th June 2022
- 19th June 2022
- 25th June 2022
- 26th June 2022
- 2nd July 2022
- 3rd July 2022
- 9th July 2022
- 10th July 2022
- 16th July 2022
- 17th July 2022
- 23rd July 2022
- 24th July 2022
- 30th July 2022
- 31st July 2022
The Beas Kund trek is one of the most popular treks in Manali which takes one to the origin of the river Beas at an altitude of 3700 mts. and to many of the ancient glaciers located around it. Mythology has it that Beas Rishi meditated here and wrote the epic Mahabharata. Beas kund is a magical place, which is surrounded by the peak of Hanuman Tibba, Ladakhi peak, Manali peak, Muker beh, Sheti Dhar peak and the well known Friendship Peak. There are cascading waterfalls on the way and crystal-clear lake called as Beas Kund. The route to Beas Kund starts near Solang nallah. The trail to Beas kund from Solang Nallah is approximately 15 kms long. A jeep road goes up to Dhundi from Solang Nallah where the SASE, Manali, has a study unit. Route to Beas Kund is three days average trek, that will take us through snow fields (in winter) moraines, meadows, over boulders and glaciers.
Bakar thatch is a highland meadow and it takes a leisurely walk of 2-3 hours to reach. The route passes through coniferous trees to alpine pastures. The trail is moderate with few climbs in between. As we reach at Bakar thach one could see snow capped peaks, rocky mountains, glaciers and moraines. Bakar thach is the base for all the expeditions and trekking done in this mountain range. The next stop on this trek is Beas Kund a holy lake located in the lap of massive mountain ranges. As we had started, after two hours of gradual trek, the trail goes uphill for a short distance on moraines, and then traverses over a glacier field to the Beas Kund. Beas kund is a serene lake with spiritual beliefs concerned to it. It is a holy place for the locals and is kept clean by every visitors. Legend has it that if someone pollutes the place the weather changes dramatically and sometimes costs the lives of people. After all the lake is holy and polluting around it could be an act of foolishness. At Beas kund spend some quality time in the tranquility of pure Nature. Then trail back same way to the camp at Bakar Thach. Next morning trail down to the road head at Dhundi.
Day 1: Reporting at Old Manali Base Camp (2050m). Drive to Dhundhi (2884m) and Trek to Bakar Thach (3200m)
Reporting – Acclimatization – Orientation & Briefing of the trek – Trek Preparation & window shopping
After a healthy breakfast, we will move to the Dhundhi Village via Shared Cab. From Dhundhi our trek will start to Bakar Thach. Dhundhi ( A Last Village in Solang Valley ), a place where Beas river meets it’s first tributary coming from Beas kund and Rohtang Pass. The last place to stock up with a few essentials before heading to the mountains. Metal road ends here. After Dhundi our trek starts from the coniferous tree line to the high altitude pasture . Rhododendron shrub are abundant and River Beas is crossed over a snow bridge . The trail is moderately gradient and needs no special efforts. Bakar Thach is base for every expeditions, trekking’s done in this region and it is also the base for courses of mountaineering institute Manali (ABHIMAS) . Bakar Thach is a perfect place to see high mountain ranges, Glaciers and moraines. Night halt at Bakkar Thach.
Trek Altitude : 9461 ft (2884m) to 10498 ft (3200m)
Time Taken/Kms : 3-4 hrs/ 4.57 kms
Day 2: Bakar Thatch – Beas Kund (3700m.)- Bakar Thach (6-7 hrs) Approx 10-11 kms.
Today start climbing towards Beas Kund. The trail goes through moraines then moderates till Beas Kund. En route one has to cross a stream flowing down from Hanuman Tibba Glacier. The landscape in the surrounding of Beas kund is vast open valley with snow capped and rocky mountains. Beas Kund is a serene lake from which River Beas originates. The lake isn’t great in its dimensions but great with importance among Hindu inhabitants of the valley, who used to visit and worship on occasions. The lake is holy and polluting around it is prohibited. Spend some peaceful time at the Lake then return back to our camp in Bakar Thatch.
Trek Altitude : 10498 ft (3200m) to 12139 ft (3700m) and back
Time Taken/Kms : 6-7 hrs/ 10.70 kms
DAY 3: Bakar Thach –Dhundhi- Manali. (5–6hrs) Approx. 13–14 kms
We will Trek back to Dhundi via same trail. From Dhundi we will reach to Manali by Road. Your Adventurous trip ends here. Go back to your home with unlimited memories.
Trek Altitude : 10498 ft (3200m) to 9461 ft (2884m)
Time Taken/Kms : 1.5-2.0 hrs/ 4.57 kms
- Pick up from Manali on Day-1 & Drop to Manali on Day-3 on Shared Cab/Traveller
- 2 Night accomodation on Shared camps.
- Beas Kund guided trek.
- Meal-2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch & 2 Dinners.
- Morning & Evening tea.
- Bonfire( if weather permits).
- Trekking Permit & Forest Camping Charges
- Sleeping Bags, High quality tent, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Roped and Microspikes.
- Porter Charge
- Emergency First Aid Kit
- Experienced Trek Guide.
- Assistance of coordinators and crew members
- Anything apart from inclusion.
₹ 4,999/- per person on Triple/Quad Sharing basis.
- Rs 2,000/- Per Person Booking Amount in Advance
- Balance payment to be paid 2 days before the day of boarding.
- Name: – ENLIVE TRIPS
- Bank Name – UCO BANK
- Account Number: – 19450210008072
- IFSC code: –UCBA0001945
- Google Pay/Pay TM/PhonePe– 9899790488
Information: A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 1 litre water bottle
• A sun cap and a woollen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve tshirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable
hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhoea, motion
and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm , cold
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Terms & Conditions:
- All the bookings are strictly subject to confirmation of payments. No Boarding without valid government ID proof. We do not provide any travel or other insurance policy covering the expenses of accident, sickness, loss or theft due to any reason. Change in the itinerary is subject to weather, traffic, road or any other conditions, any extra expense in that case to be borne by customer only.
- We reserve the right to change the schedule/itinerary of the trip in any condition and no refund will be given in this situation. Trip will be postponed for coming weekend if number of people are below 10. We do not allow smoking in the bus and we reservethe right to terminate your trip on the spot on the grounds of misconduct ormisbehave, no refund in such situations.Any damage in the camp or hotel premises by any individual will be charged fromhim/her only. Any injury during any activity, We will not be responsible for these kindof miss-happenings.
Cancellation & refund policy:
- 100% refund will be given in case we Cancels the trip.
- No refund will be given in case of Natural Obstacles.
- 50% cancellation charges, 15 days prior to Departure date.
- 100% cancellation charges, 7 days prior to Departure date.